1. Name of route
2. Length and suitability for day outings and weekend or week-long hikes
1,8 km point to point. Round trip 3,6 km. Suitable for fitness and day outings.
3. Required level of ability
4. Seasonal suitability
For winter use.
6. Estimated time consumption
About 30-40 minutes one way by ski.
7. Suitable outdoor activity types
Classic and skate skiing.
8. Route conditions, associated risks and appropriate gear
These ski tracks are not close to habitation – it’s a good idea to bring a mobile phone.
9. Natural and cultural environment
The ski tracks pass Laatas on the western side and run through a wilderness landscape.
10. Getting there
Parking lot of the Ainiovaara ski centre N66 19.089 E23 41.498 Alkkulanrinne. Ski the lighted Ainiovaara trail counter-clockwise for 3.1 km to Hietakangas, which is where these tracks start.
11. Responsible for maintenance
Municipality of Ylitornio.
12. Other info for users