Ainiovaara lighted ski tracks/exercise path
1. Name of route
Ainiovaara lighted ski tracks/exercise path.
2. Length and suitability for day outings and weekend or week-long hikes
5.7 km circular route. Suitable for fitness workouts and day outings. Connected to the Aavasaksa, Eholampi and Laatas ski trails.
3. Required level of ability
4. Seasonal suitability
The ski centre’s services, lighted. Lean-to shelter on the eastern side of Ainiovaara N66 18.982 E23 43.732.
6. Estimated time consumption
About 20-40 minutes by ski and over an hour on foot.
7. Suitable outdoor activity types
Classic and skate skiing, walking and running.
8. Route conditions, associated risks and appropriate gear
The ski trail’s markings are unclear in places. There is a small risk of going astray from the trail.
9. Natural and cultural environment
The track around the hill is in good condition. The route passes rugged hills and enjoys a magnificent view over the river valley. The path is connected to the Aurinkovaarojen jotos trail network.
11. Getting there
The main signpost for this destination is in the ski centre parking lot near the intersection of Hiihtäjäntie and Alkkulanrinne. N66 19.089 E23 41.498.
12. Responsible for maintenance
Municipality of Ylitornio.
13. Other info for users
The Ainiovaara nature trail leaves from the grounds of the ski centre at point N66 19.107 E23 41.541.